In preparation for turning in my metal portfolio for the semester, I have been finishing a few more items.
After my wire crochet experiment the other night using 28 gauge copper wire, I decided the weave was actually a knit, similar to a viking knit, but different. Here it is using a 24 gauge wire, before compacting it using a wooden drawplate:
Then I finished 2 more chain maille bracelets out of copper wire. Thanks to Faith, who made me the copper jump rings used to make these:
My last picture features a leaf that is a wire formed design. You then press a sheet of metal over the wire using a hydraulic press to create the design. Here I have it temporarily on my previous wire knit:
Hope your December day is beautiful where you live. Check out my sunset last night from out my front door: