I am excited to try out a new class feature- the ability of students to take my Tablet Design eClass at their own pace and as a self study option! I have jammed packed so much course content, that doing this just makes sense.
To register, click HERE. If you need assistance registering, please watch my helpful video located on the bottom of my Schedule & Registration page here.Below is more information about this eClass:
Tablet Design Class- Self Study** by Carla Barrett-
Dates: Available Now! Once you have paid, you will have up to 9 months to complete this course. Registration starts Now Here
Fee: $70 (Repeat Students may contact Carla for a 50% discount rate)
Class Description: This online self paced course by Carla Barrett teaches you how to use your tablet, pre-loaded with Photoshop Elements, to create a wide variety of designs. Through online videos, handouts, and creative exercises, Carla will show you how to plan and design your quilts, your quilting motifs, pantograph designs, wholecloth quilts, and art quilts on your tablet. This self-paced class is jammed packed with design lessons and creative exercises sure to inspire any student- no matter what their drawing skill level is.
**Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS. Knowledge should include familiarity of tools, how to install program and open it, how to save a file, and working in layers. If you are not sure, you may contact Carla here.
Here are just a few examples of class projects:
- Quilting Design by Carla Barrett
- Quilt Design by Carla Barrett
- Zen Doodle Design
- wholecloth design
Tablet: •This class uses any Tablet, Tablet PC, or Tablet Plug-in (ie. Wacom) capable of interacting with Photoshop Elements. (Please note that this class is not for tablets running Android or Apple iPad OS software. Why? These type of tablet Operating Systems can only run Apps, and unable to work with a comprehensive full design program such as Photoshop Elements.
Software: • I currently use Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 10 for all videos in this class. If you already own a previous version of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, you should be able to use your particular version.
• To view the videos, you need a viewer like QuickTime or Windows Media Player.
• To view the lessons, you need a PDF viewer like Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader.
Class Level– Previous Photoshop Elements class or basic user knowledge of Photoshop or PSE.
• This class is for Photoshop users who want to learn how to design a variety of quilting applications with their tablet. All the tools and techniques we use in this course are useful for other applications as well, i.e. digital scrapbooking, brochures, graphic design.
• You must have the programs installed on your computer before the course begins.
Any questions, please contact Carla HERE.